Michael Rizzo, Ph.D. is a regionally-acclaimed school neuropsychologist and motivational speaker. He has become recognized as a regional expert in the diagnosis and treatment of at-risk children. Dr. Rizzo is available to host a wide-array of speaking engagements, with presentation topics that can be adjusted to accommodate the needs of the group audience.
Here is an introduction to an example of one of Dr. Rizzo's presentations (Click here for parts 1-3 individually).
Upon booking Dr. Rizzo at your next event, he can tailor his presentation towards your individual needs.
Here is a brief summary and goals of a typical presentation that Dr. Rizzo would provide:
EMPOWERING NEURODIVERSITY IN THE CLASSROOM
Research from neuroscience has clearly determined that each of us have a range of strengths and weaknesses among the numerous brain functions (information processing skills) that influence learning. The unique blend of these cognitive “traits” influence how we learn. As teachers gain greater insight into diverse learning patterns, they are better equipped to understand and teach to the learning style of individual students.
Other fields are racing to leverage these new scientific insights into how people learn and think; advertising agencies, videogame developers, marketing companies, and telecommunication and tech companies are just a few. However, in most schools, and even colleges, teachers have not yet been afforded the opportunity to embrace or apply the current understanding of learning theory in any significant or systematic way.
As a consequence, a significant number of students struggle needlessly, simply because the way they learn doesn’t align with how they are being taught. In many cases, these students lose interest in school, see themselves as failures, and become difficult in the classroom, both to teach and to manage. Even more concerning is the resulting anxiety, self-doubt, and depression that often accompanies the struggling student.
The goals of this presentation include:
DR. RIZZO’S PRESENTATION SCHEDULE FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
· Aug. 15 - St. Hugh Catholic School, Miami, Presentation to Faculty
· Oct. 14 - St. Mary Cathedral and St. John the Apostle Catholic Schools, Miami, Presentation to Faculty
· Oct. 29 - Gulliver Schools, Miller Road Campus, Innovation Hour Presentation to High School Teachers
· Nov. 1 - Gulliver Schools, High School Preparatory Campus, Presentation to Faculty
· Nov. 5 - Gulliver Schools, Miller Road Campus, Innovation Hour Presentation to High School Teachers
· Nov. 8 - First Baptist Academy, Naples, Presentation Topic: Accommodations: Why They Are Needed and How Teachers Can Implement
· Nov. 11 - Paladin Academy, Pembroke Pines, Presentation to Faculty
· Nov. 12 - Laura Cushman Academy, Miami Shores, Presentation to High School Faculty
· Dec. 6 - Gulliver Schools, Miller Road Campus, Innovation Hour Presentation to High School Teachers
· Jan. 16 - Gulliver Schools, Miller Road Campus, Innovation Hour Presentation to High School Teachers
· Jan. 24 - Elite DNA Therapy, Fort Myers, Overview of School Neuropsychological Assessments Presentation to Staff Members
· Feb. 4 - McGlannan School, Miami, Presentation/Workshop on What is Needed and Why for Parents
· Feb. 4 - Laura Cushman Academy, Miami Shores, Presentation to Faculty
· Feb. 5 - The Lighthouse Point Academy at North Broward Preparatory School, Fort Lauderdale, Presentation for ESE Faculty
· Feb. 7 - Saint Bonaventure Catholic School, Davie, Presentation to Faculty
· Feb. 12 - McGlannan School, Miami, Presentation to Faculty
· Feb. 19 - Saint Mark’s Catholic School, Cooper City, Presentation ADHD/ESE Training for Faculty
· Feb. 20 - Elite DNA Therapy, Fort Myers, Presentation to Executive Staff
· Feb. 28 - The Palm Beach School for Autism, Lake Worth, Presentation to Faculty
· Feb. 29 - Barry University Montessori Florida Coalition, Miami Shores, Presentation at Annual Conference
For more information or to book an appointment, please call 954.577.3396
We will be hosting two separate camps again in Weston, Fl and Naples, Fl over summer called "Brainforest Adventures!"
For partial and full day program options, please call 954-577-3396.
For more information or to join please contact Child Provider Specialists (954) 577-3396.
Schedule an appointment! 9545773396